Welcomebienvenue/bienvenuκαλως ΗΡΘΑΤΕüdvözöljükようこそ 欢迎 to the City Administrator’s Office!
The City Administrator is appointed by a majority vote of the Council for an indefinite term. The City Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of all city departments and acts as the primary advisor to the Mayor and City Council. The City Administrator is responsible for implementing all policy directives promulgated by the council in its legislative capacity.
The City Administrator performs all duties as required by the State Code and the City of West Burlington's Municipal Code. Specific Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the laws, ordinances, resolutions, directives, and policies of the City Council and Mayor are enforced and executed.
- Advise the Mayor and Council on matters of efficient government and the general welfare of the City.
- General responsibility for the supervision of all City services, including police, fire, water, sewer, and streets.
- Keep the Mayor and Council fully advised of the financial conditions of the City. Assist the Mayor and Council in preparing the annual budget.
- Responsible for overseeing contracts for work and services done for the City. Direct the purchase of all supplies and services for all departments of the City that have been budgeted and approved by the Council.
- Hire City employees, with recommendations from Department Heads and with final Council approval.
- Discipline City employees or dismiss employees with Council approval.
- Supervise the management of all buildings and City-owned property.
Gregg Mandsager, City Administrator, joined the City November 3rd, 2021. Gregg is a graduate of Iowa State University in Ames, IA, Iowa with a B.A. in Political Science, and a graduate of Drake University Law School in Des Moines, IA with a J.D. Gregg has served in local government for 24 years and gained extensive experience in communities in both Iowa and New Hampshire. Gregg was the West Burlington City Administrator from 2000 to 2005. He Looks forward to helping achieve budgetary improvements, improving communication, and collaborating with the Mayor, Council and staff on an action orientated agenda and goals for the City of West Burlington.
Gregg is married with four children ranging in ages from 18 to 27. He and his wife, Anna, are excited to be rejoining the West Burlington Community!
122 Broadway Street
West Burlington, IA 52655
122 Broadway St
West Burlington, IA 52655
Copyright 2018 City of West Burlington